Safety data sheet pure
1. Identification product number 1000008616 product identifier 10 oz pure electronic lb 24pk winner industrial supply 2375 east tropicana ave. Las vegas, nv 89119 united states company information company phone general assistance 951-538-3247 emergency telephone us 1-866-836-8855 emergency telephone outside 1-952-852-4646 us version # 01 recommended use cleaner recommended restrictions none known.
2. Hazard(s) identification physical hazards gases under pressure compressed gas health hazards acute toxicity, dermal category 4 acute toxicity, inhalation category 4 osha defined hazards not classified. Label elements signal word warning hazard statement contains gas under pressure; may explode if heated. Harmful if inhaled. Precautionary statement prevention avoid breathing gas. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Response if inhaled: remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing. Call a poison center/doctor if you feel unwell. Storage protect from sunlight. Store in a well-ventilated place. Disposal dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations. Hazard(s) not otherwise classified (hnoc) harmful to aquatic life. Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Supplemental information none.
3. Composition/information on ingredients mixtures chemical name common name and synonyms cas number % 1,1,1,2-tetraflouroethane 811-97-2 40 – 60 methyl nonafluorobutyl ether 163702-07-6 2.5 – 10 other components below reportable levels 20 – 40 methyl nonafluoroisobutyl ether 163702-08-7 2.5 – 10 *designates that a specific chemical identity and/or percentage of composition has been withheld as a trade secret.
4. First-aid measures remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. Oxygen or artificial respiration if needed. Call a poison center or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Inhalation 1 / 8 product name: 10 oz pure electronic lb 24pk product #: 1000008616 version #: 01 issue date: 02-18-2016 sds us skin contact no adverse effects due to skin contact are expected. Eye contact no specific first aid measures noted. Ingestion not likely, due to the form of the product. Most important direct contact with eyes may cause temporary irritation. Symptoms/effects, acute and delayed provide general supportive measures and treat symptomatically. Keep victim warm. Keep victim under observation. Symptoms may be delayed. Indication of immediate medical attention and special treatment needed ensure that medical personnel are aware of the material(s) involved, and take precautions to protect themselves. General information
5. Fire-fighting measures suitable extinguishing media water fog. Foam. Dry chemical powder. Carbon dioxide (co2). Unsuitable extinguishing none known. Media specific hazards arising from during fire, gases hazardous to health may be formed. The chemical special protective equipment self-contained breathing apparatus and full protective clothing must be worn in case of fire. And precautions for firefighters in case of fire: stop leak if safe to do so. Do not move cargo or vehicle if cargo has been exposed to heat. Move containers from fire area if you can do so without risk. Containers should be cooled with water to prevent vapor pressure build up. For massive fire in cargo area, use unmanned hose holder or monitor nozzles, if possible. If not, withdraw and let fire burn out. Fire fighting equipment/instructions specific methods cool containers exposed to flames with water until well after the fire is out. General fire hazards contents under pressure. Pressurized container may explode when exposed to heat or flame.
6. Accidental release measures keep unnecessary personnel away. Keep people away from and upwind of spill/leak. Keep out of low areas. Many gases are heavier than air and will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Wear appropriate protective equipment and clothing during clean-up. Avoid breathing gas. Emergency personnel need self-contained breathing equipment. Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Ventilate closed spaces before entering them. Local authorities should be advised if significant spillages cannot be contained. For personal protection, see section 8 of the sds. Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures refer to attached safety data sheets and/or instructions for use. Stop leak if you can do so without risk. Move the cylinder to a safe and open area if the leak is irreparable. Isolate area until gas has dispersed. Eliminate all ignition sources (no smoking, flares, sparks, or flames in immediate area). Keep combustibles (wood, paper, oil, etc.) away from spilled material. Prevent product from entering drains.
For waste disposal, see section 13 of the sds. Methods and materials for containment and cleaning up avoid release to the environment. Inform appropriate managerial or supervisory personnel of all environmental releases. Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so. Avoid discharge into drains, water courses or onto the ground. Environmental precautions
7. Handling and storage keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. – no smoking. Pressurized container: do not pierce or burn, even after use. Do not use if spray button is missing or defective. Do not spray on a naked flame or any other incandescent material. Do not smoke while using or until sprayed surface is thoroughly dry. Do not cut, weld, solder, drill, grind, or expose containers to heat, flame, sparks, or other sources of ignition. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Close valve after each use and when empty. Protect cylinders from physical damage; do not drag, roll, slide, or drop. When moving cylinders, even for short distances, use a cart (trolley, hand truck, etc.) designed to transport cylinders. Suck back of water into the container must be prevented. Do not allow backfeed into the container. Purge air from system before introducing gas. Use only properly specified equipment which is suitable for this product, its supply pressure and temperature. Contact your gas supplier if in doubt. Do not re-use empty containers. Avoid breathing gas. Avoid prolonged exposure. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment. Avoid release to the environment. Observe good industrial hygiene practices.
Precautions for safe handling 2 / 8 product name: 10 oz pure electronic lb 24pk product #: 1000008616 version #: 01 issue date: 02-18-2016 sds us level 1 aerosol. Contents under pressure. Do not expose to heat or store at temperatures above 120°f/49°c as can may burst. Do not puncture, incinerate or crush. Do not handle or store near an open flame, heat or other sources of ignition. Cylinders should be stored upright, with valve protection cap in place, and firmly secured to prevent falling or being knocked over. Stored containers should be periodically checked for general condition and leakage. Store in a well-ventilated place. Store away from incompatible materials (see section 10 of the sds). Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
8. Exposure controls/personal protection occupational exposure limits us. Workplace environmental exposure level (weel) guides components type value 1,1,1,2-tetraflouroethane twa 4240 mg/m3 (cas 811-97-2) 1000 ppm methyl nonafluorobutyl twa 750 ppm ether (cas 163702-07-6) methyl nonafluoroisobutyl twa 750 ppm ether (cas 163702-08-7) biological limit values no biological exposure limits noted for the ingredient(s). Good general ventilation (typically 10 air changes per hour) should be used. Ventilation rates should be matched to conditions. If applicable, use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to maintain airborne levels below recommended exposure limits. If exposure limits have not been established, maintain airborne levels to an acceptable level. Appropriate engineering controls individual protection measures, such as personal protective equipment eye/face protection if contact is likely, safety glasses with side shields are recommended. Skin protection wear appropriate chemical resistant gloves. Suitable gloves can be recommended by the glove supplier. Hand protection other wear suitable protective clothing. If permissible levels are exceeded use niosh mechanical filter / organic vapor cartridge or an air-supplied respirator. Respiratory protection thermal hazards wear appropriate thermal protective clothing, when necessary. When using do not smoke. Always observe good personal hygiene measures, such as washing after handling the material and before eating, drinking, and/or smoking. Routinely wash work clothing and protective equipment to remove contaminants. General hygiene considerations
9. Physical and chemical properties appearance physical state gas. Form aerosol. Compressed gas. Color not available. Odor not available. Odor threshold not available. Ph not available. Melting point/freezing point not available. Initial boiling point and boiling range not available. Flash point none. Evaporation rate not available. Flammability (solid, gas) not available. Upper/lower flammability or explosive limits flammability limit – lower (%) 6.7 % estimated flammability limit – upper (%) 13.7 % estimated 3 / 8 product name: 10 oz pure electronic lb 24pk product #: 1000008616 version #: 01 issue date: 02-18-2016 sds us explosive limit – lower (%) not available. Explosive limit – upper (%) not available. Vapor pressure not available. Vapor density not available. Relative density not available. Solubility(ies) solubility (water) not available. Partition coefficient (n-octanol/water) not available. Auto-ignition temperature 744.8 °f (396 °c) estimated decomposition temperature not available. Viscosity not available. Other information explosive properties not explosive. Oxidizing properties not oxidizing. Specific gravity 0.364 estimated
10. Stability and reactivity reactivity the product is stable and non-reactive under normal conditions of use, storage and transport. Chemical stability material is stable under normal conditions. Possibility of hazardous hazardous polymerization does not occur. Reactions conditions to avoid heat. Contact with incompatible materials. Incompatible materials strong oxidizing agents. Hazardous decomposition no hazardous decomposition products are known. Products
11. Toxicological information information on likely routes of exposure inhalation harmful if inhaled. Skin contact no adverse effects due to skin contact are expected. Eye contact direct contact with eyes may cause temporary irritation. Ingestion expected to be a low ingestion hazard. Symptoms related to the physical, chemical and toxicological characteristics direct contact with eyes may cause temporary irritation. Information on toxicological effects acute toxicity harmful if inhaled. Skin corrosion/irritation not applicable. Serious eye damage/eye direct contact with eyes may cause temporary irritation. Irritation respiratory or skin sensitization respiratory sensitization not a respiratory sensitizer. Skin sensitization this product is not expected to cause skin sensitization. No data available to indicate product or any components present at greater than 0.1% are mutagenic or genotoxic. Germ cell mutagenicity carcinogenicity this product is not considered to be a carcinogen by iarc, acgih, ntp, or osha. Iarc monographs. Overall evaluation of carcinogenicity not available.
Osha specifically regulated substances (29 cfr 1910.1001-1050) not listed. Us. National toxicology program (ntp) report on carcinogens not available. 4 / 8 product name: 10 oz pure electronic lb 24pk product #: 1000008616 version #: 01 issue date: 02-18-2016 sds us reproductive toxicity this product is not expected to cause reproductive or developmental effects. Specific target organ toxicity – single exposure not classified. Specific target organ toxicity – repeated exposure not classified. Aspiration hazard not likely, due to the form of the product. Chronic effects prolonged inhalation may be harmful.
12. Ecological information ecotoxicity harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. Persistence and degradability no data is available on the degradability of this product. Bioaccumulative potential partition coefficient n-octanol / water (log kow) 1,1,1,2-tetraflouroethane 1.274 mobility in soil no data available. Other adverse effects no other adverse environmental effects (e.G. Ozone depletion, photochemical ozone creation potential, endocrine disruption, global warming potential) are expected from this component.
13. Disposal considerations collect and reclaim or dispose in sealed containers at licensed waste disposal site. Contents under pressure. Do not puncture, incinerate or crush. Do not allow this material to drain into sewers/water supplies. Do not contaminate ponds, waterways or ditches with chemical or used container. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations. Disposal instructions local disposal regulations dispose in accordance with all applicable regulations. The waste code should be assigned in discussion between the user, the producer and the waste disposal company. Hazardous waste code dispose of in accordance with local regulations. Empty containers or liners may retain some product residues. This material and its container must be disposed of in a safe manner (see: disposal instructions). Waste from residues / unused products since emptied containers may retain product residue, follow label warnings even after container is emptied. Empty containers should be taken to an approved waste handling site for recycling or disposal. Do not re-use empty containers. Contaminated packaging
14. Transport information dot un number un1950 un proper shipping name aerosols, non-flammable, (each not exceeding 1 l capacity) class 2.2 transport hazard class(es) subsidiary risk – label(s) 2.2 packing group not applicable. Special precautions for user read safety instructions, sds and emergency procedures before handling. Packaging exceptions 306 packaging non bulk none packaging bulk none iata un number un1950 un proper shipping name aerosols, non-flammable class 2.2 transport hazard class(es) subsidiary risk – label(s) 2.2 packing group not applicable. Environmental hazards no.
Erg code 2l special precautions for user read safety instructions, sds and emergency procedures before handling. 5 / 8 product name: 10 oz pure electronic lb 24pk product #: 1000008616 version #: 01 issue date: 02-18-2016 sds us passenger and cargo allowed with restrictions. Aircraft other information cargo aircraft only allowed with restrictions. Packaging exceptions ltd qty imdg un number un1950 un proper shipping name aerosols class 2.2 transport hazard class(es) subsidiary risk – label(s) 2.2 packing group not applicable. Marine pollutant no. Environmental hazards ems not available.
Special precautions for user read safety instructions, sds and emergency procedures before handling. Packaging exceptions ltd qty transport in bulk according to not applicable. Annex ii of marpol 73/78 and the ibc code dot iata; imdg avoid transport on vehicles where the load space is not separated from the driver’s compartment. Ensure vehicle driver is aware of the potential hazards of the load and knows what to do in the event of an accident or an emergency. Before transporting product containers: ensure that containers are firmly secured. Ensure cylinder valve is closed and not leaking. Ensure valve outlet cap nut or plug (where provided) is correctly fitted. Ensure valve protection device (where provided) is correctly fitted. Ensure adequate ventilation. Ensure compliance with applicable regulations. General information
15. Regulatory information this product is a “Hazardous chemical” as defined by the osha hazard communication standard, 29 cfr 1910.1200. Us federal regulations tsca section 12(b) export notification (40 cfr 707, subpt. D) not regulated. Cercla hazardous substance list (40 cfr 302.4) not listed. Sara 304 emergency release notification not regulated. 6 / 8 product name: 10 oz pure electronic lb 24pk product #: 1000008616 version #: 01 issue date: 02-18-2016
Sds us osha specifically regulated substances (29 cfr 1910.1001-1050) not listed. Superfund amendments and reauthorization act of 1986 (sara) immediate hazard – yes delayed hazard – no fire hazard – no pressure hazard – yes reactivity hazard – no hazard categories sara 302 extremely hazardous substance not listed. Sara 311/312 hazardous no chemical sara 313 (tri reporting) not regulated. Other federal regulations clean air act (caa) section 112 hazardous air pollutants (haps) list not regulated. Clean air act (caa) section 112(r) accidental release prevention (40 cfr 68.130) not regulated. Safe drinking water act not regulated. (sdwa) us state regulations us. California controlled substances. Ca department of justice (california health and safety code section 11100) not listed.
Us. Massachusetts rtk – substance list not regulated. Us. New jersey worker and community right-to-know act not listed. Us. Pennsylvania worker and community right-to-know law not listed. Us. Rhode island rtk not regulated. Us. California proposition 65 california safe drinking water and toxic enforcement act of 1986 (proposition 65): this material is not known to contain any chemicals currently listed as carcinogens or reproductive toxins. International inventories country(s) or region inventory name on inventory (yes/no)* australia australian inventory of chemical substances (aics) yes canada domestic substances list (dsl) yes canada non-domestic substances list (ndsl) no china inventory of existing chemical substances in china (iecsc) yes europe european inventory of existing commercial chemical no substances (einecs) europe european list of notified chemical substances (elincs) no japan inventory of existing and new chemical substances (encs) yes korea existing chemicals list (ecl) yes new zealand new zealand inventory yes philippines philippine inventory of chemicals and chemical substances yes (piccs) united states & puerto rico toxic substances control act (tsca) inventory yes *a “Yes” indicates that all components of this product comply with the inventory requirements administered by the governing country(s) a “No” indicates that one or more components of the product are not listed or exempt from listing on the inventory administered by the governing country(s).
16. Other information, including date of preparation or last revision issue date 02-18-2016 7 / 8 product name: 10 oz pure electronic lb 24pk product #: 1000008616 version #: 01 issue date: 02-18-2016 sds us version # 01 the information provided in this safety data sheet is correct to the best of our knowledge, information and belief at the date of its publication. The information given is designed only as a guidance for safe handling, use, processing, storage, transportation, disposal and release and is not to be considered a warranty or quality specification. The information relates only to the specific material designated and may not be valid for such material used in combination with any other materials or in any process, unless specified in the text. Disclaimer revision information product and company identification: alternate trade names 8 / 8 product name: 10 oz pure electronic lb 24pk product #: 1000008616 version #: 01 issue date: 02-18-2016 sds us
1264 South Waterman
San Bernardino, CA 92408